Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mango Souffle

Today it seemed like I was gonna be stuck at home all day because I have a cold which is making me so cranky that I wasn't fit for company. So I decided to go crazy cooking. My mother suggested that I use the mangoes that were lying around in the house, so I decided to make mango souffle! At the time of writing this, it is setting in the refrigerator, will update regarding taste!

Ingredients

1/2 cup Sugar
3 Eggs
3/4 cup Cream
2 tsp Gelatine
1/2 cup Mango slices, sliced into small pieces
1/2 cup Mango Puree

Method

Soak gelatin in 1/4th cup of water. 

Separate the egg yolks and whites. Add the mango puree to the yolks and sugar and heat it in a double boiler. The way to do this is fill a pan with water and heat it, and then put the vessel containing the mango mixture in the pan directly.

Dissolve the soaked gelatin in hot water and add it to the mango mixture and cool. Beat the cream and add to mixture and add the mango slices as well.

Beat the egg whites stiff and fold it into the mixture.

Put it in the fridge for two hours and then enjoy!


EDIT: It was amazing! I'm surprised at myself :)


No comments:

Post a Comment