Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cheddar Wafers



Sunday dinner at my house is always something fun as we usually go out for lunch and my mother doesn't want to work particularly hard for dinner. Today there is ragda puri on the menu. I got keedas and decided I MUST make some starter to accompany it. So I looked through the recipes I have and came up with this one. For anyone who loves cheese, these wafers are very addictive and ridiculously simple to make! I adapted this recipe from www.eatliverun.com by substituting ingredients that are easily available locally.

Ingredients

1 slab Amul butter plus 1/10th of another

2 eggs

1/4 tsp garlic paste

1/2 tsp pepper

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

2 cups all purpose flour

Method

Preheat your oven to 350 F or approx 177 C.

Whisk together the melted butter and eggs until creamy. I took the additional step of browning the butter just for kicks! But then when you put the eggs into it, you need to keep whisking it to dissipate the heat or the eggs will cook and we don't want that happening.

Add the cheese and mix until combined. Add the baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic paste and flour and mix well.

Roll out dough onto a floured surface until it’s a little less than 1/4th inch thick. Cut out small circles with cookie cutters and place onto a parchment paper lined sheet tray.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.

Since my oven wasn't big enough, I baked in batches of 3 which came up to approx 100 biscuits. The first batch (in the picture) disappeared within 15 minutes! No exaggerations. I also ate them with cheese because I am a firm believer in the philosophy that there is no such thing as too much cheese :)

2 comments:

  1. This looks AMAZING! I'm going to try these! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying these ASAP! I have too much cheese at home and they sound delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete