Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cheese Fondue

My mom was gifted a fondue pot last Diwali and I have been just looking for an excuse to use it! I figured that I might as well do it today as I'm on a cooking roll. The recipe is super easy!

Ingredients

3/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
3 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tsp garlic paste
1 loaf French bread, cubed

Method

Now I used apple cider only because it was lying around at home. It can be substituted by milk or beer also! Also, I have no idea where to get French bread, so I decided to use the most exotic bread I could get my hands on...multi grain! The garlic paste wasn't in the original recipe but I added it, again because it was lying around at home.

Heat apple cider on a moderately high flame until it starts bubbling. Add the cheese, cornstarch and pepper and stir until it melts. Add the garlic paste and stir it in. Pour the mixture into a fondue pot and savour it :)

 


3 comments: